Deep down, we know that we are intended to live our lives in relationship with others, not on our own. (Gen. 2:18) Our culture understands this – within our penal system solitary confinement is a powerful punishment. We are made to do life together and taking that away does something to the soul.
What is a Group?
At South Hills we are passionate about the life-changing impact of Groups, not just for individuals, but also for our community. Life Groups are generally a group of 8-12 people who connect regularly (Hebrews 10:25). Members study and pray together, and encourage and support each other through the celebrations and challenges of life.
How do I Get Involved?
Ready to jump in? Click here to see a list of all the available Life Groups. We also have some larger groups meeting regularly you can join:
- Ladies meet for Mugs & Muffins on the first Saturday of each month at 8:30am.
- Men get together on the third Saturday of each month at 8am for Men’s Breakfasts.
- High School Students get together on Wednesday nights at 7pm, and
- Mid-High Students meet on Sundays at 11am
- Prime Timers, our over 50 group, meets at 11am on the third Wednesday of each month for potlucks, outings and service projects.
What do You Talk About?
Many groups are made up of people with common interests or life-stages and others are a diverse gathering representing a spectrum of ages, interests, and backgrounds. Most groups choose to meet casually over a meal or coffee and then dig deeper into a popular book, a book of the Bible, or the latest sermon.